The 8V97051L is a high performance wideband RF synthesizer / PLL optimized for use as the local oscillator (LO) in multi-carrier, multi-mode FDD & TDD base station radio card. It is offered in a compact 5 × 5 mm 32-VFQFN package.
The 8V97051L wideband RF synthesizer / PLL offers a default fractional mode with the option to use it with an Integer mode. It requires an external loop filter.
The 8V97051L with integrated voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) supports output frequencies from 34.375MHz to 4400MHz and maintains superior phase noise and spurious performance.
RF_OUT[A:B] output drivers have independently programmable output power ranging from –4dBm to +7dBm. The RF_OUT outputs can be muted. The mute function is accessible via an SPI command or mute pin.
IDT’s RF Synthesizer family also includes the 8V97053L – Wideband RF Synthesizer / PLL with integrated VCO - that offers enhanced phase noise specifications geared to GSM and Band 42 radio cards applications.
- Dual differential outputs
- Output frequency range: 34.375MHz to 4400MHz (continuous range)
- RF output divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64
- Open drain outputs
- Fractional-N synthesizer (also supports Integer-N mode)
- 16-bit Integer and 12-bit fractional (16-bit fractional when using the extended registers)
- 3- or 4-wire SPI Interface (compatible with 3.3V and 1.8V)
- Single 3.3V supply
- Logic compatibility: 1.8V
- Integrated high performance low dropout regulators (LDOs) for excellent power supply noise rejection
- Programmable output power level: -4dBm to +7dBm
- Mute function
- Ultra low PN for 1.1GHz LO: -143dBc/Hz at 1MHz offset (typical)
- Lock detect indicators
- Input reference frequency: 5MHz to 310MHz
- Power consumption: 380mW (typical) (RF_OUTB disabled)
- 5 × 5 mm 32-VFQFN package
- Automatic VCO band selection (Autocal feature)
- -40° to +85°C ambient operating temperature
- Supports case temperature ≤ 105°C Operations